深寒浅暮

赋到沧桑句便工。

What Can I Hold You With

我用什么才能留住你 

By Jorge Borges 作者:豪尔赫·博尔赫斯  

I offer you lean streets, desperate sunsets, the moon of the jagged suburbs. 

我给你瘦弱的街道、绝望的落日、荒郊的月亮。 

  I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.  

我给你一个久久地望着孤月的人的悲哀。  

I offer you my ancestors, my dead men,  

我给你我已死去的祖辈, 

  the ghosts that living men have honoured in marble:  

后人们用大理石祭奠的先魂:  

my father&`&s father killed in the frontier of Buenos Aires,  

我父亲的父亲,阵亡于布宜诺斯艾利斯的边境,

  two bullets through his lungs, bearded and dead, 

两颗子弹射穿了他的胸膛,死的时候蓄着胡子, 

wrapped by his soldiers in the hide of a cow;  

尸体被士兵们用牛皮裹起;  

my mother's grandfather -just twenty-four,

 我母亲的祖父——那年才二十四岁——  

heading a charge of three hundred men in Perú, 

在秘鲁率领三百人冲锋,

  now ghosts on vanished horses. 

 如今都成了消失的马背上的亡魂。  

I offer you whatever insight my books may hold. 

 我给你我的书中所能蕴含的一切悟力, 

whatever manliness or humour my life.  

以及我生活中所能有的男子气概和幽默。 

  I offer you the loyalty of a man who has never been loyal.  

我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚。  

I offer you that kernel of myself that I have saved somehow – 

我给你我设法保全的我自己的核心——

the central heart that deals not in words, 

不营字造句,

traffics not with dreams

不和梦交易,

and is untouched by time, by joy, by adversities.  

不被时间、欢乐和逆境触动的核心。

  I offer you the memory of a yellow rose seen at sunset, years before you were born.  

我给你早在你出生前多年的一个傍晚看到的一朵黄玫瑰的记忆。  

I offer you explanations of yourself, 

我给你关于你生命的诠释,

theories about yourself,

关于你自己的理论,

authentic and surprising news of yourself. 

 你的真实而惊人的存在。 

I can give you my loneliness my darkness, the hunger of my heart;  

我给你我的寂寞、我的黑暗、我心的饥渴; 

I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty, with danger, with defeat. 

我试图用困惑、危险、失败来打动你

很喜欢的一首诗。

评论
热度(5)
©深寒浅暮 | Powered by LOFTER